Monday, April 5, 2010

Pink Toile Baby Girl Card and Easy Hand-Crocheted Lace Pattern

*I hope everyone had a truly beautiful Easter!*
Ours was filled with spiritual nourishment and special moments with each other in our new family.  Hopefully later today, if I have time between packing and cleaning, I will post some of our easter family photos amongst the south Texas wildflowers across from our home.

It has been a very long time since I've updated here; every moment with our new little Ben is so precious!  Every day he is learning and begins to laugh and smile so much that it is a nice reward for the long nights.
While he naps though and between laundry loads, I do manage to create something every day for my sanity; I simply do not have time to blog it all, but here is my most recent card to share.  I will be giving a baby shower for a friend in May, who is expecting her third baby girl.  So I'm able to make the girly cards at the same time that I'm enjoying baby boy things for Ben.  What a great deal! :)

This card was primarily made for the publication call at Embellish Magazine, but in addition,
Here are a few challenges:

Stamp Something Pink Somethings
Our Creative Corner Break out the Buttons


Materials Used on this Card:

Cardstock: DCWV, Papertrey Ink
Papers: The Paper Studio: Baby Pink Toile, Cute Pink Ovals

Embellishments:
RibbonFX - black grosgrain ribbon
Buttons: Fancy Pants Designs "Little Sprout" collection
Doily Lace buttons from craft supply
Chipboard alpha from Making Memories Garden Party collection
White floral hydrangea blossoms from Hobby Lobby stems
butcher's twine (find this at WalMart)
spring chipboard flower from craft supply
crochet thread (ecru)

Martha Stewart Crafts doily lace edge punch
Thermo-Web Zots 
sewing machine
crochet needle (size 7)


Pattern for Easy Hand-crocheted lace:

Make a single chain approximately 5 1/2 inches long. Work three rows single crochet in chain, ch1, turn. Work 1sc in first stitch; *ch3, skip next 3 ch, 1sc*; repeat directions within *'s until end of row, ch1, turn. Work 1sc in first stitch; *4sc in loop, 1sc in anchor sc of prev row*; repeat directions within *'s to end of row. Finish.


And last but not least,
Have a wonderful spring day!
--Kathryn



7 comments:

  1. Absolutely, positively yummy! Great card and that hand crocheted lace is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for the crochet pattern - it's something I have yet to learn, but I'm warming up to it!! I bookmarked your site for later reference.

    Wonderful job on the "button" challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is really lovely! making a card without an image i find really hard and you have done this just beautifully! love it!
    Thanks for joining Colour Create, Hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, gentle card Hunni!
    Pretty colours and beautifully executed too!
    Thank you so much for coming over to play at Colour Create this week !
    Hugs,
    Eiglas (GDT)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a gorgeous card! I love all your added embellishment!
    I see you live very close to me here in Houston!!! Howdy neighbor!
    Thanks for joining Colour Create this week! We hope you will join us again next time!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! The crochet is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn, your card is beautiful!! I love all the special parts you've added to it!! So glad you could join us for the Stamp Something challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card! Thanks for "breaking out the buttons" for this week's OCC challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails