Monday, August 8, 2011

Botanical Dictionary Poppy

This is my second entry for the Moxie Fab World "Fanatical about Botanical" challenge.

I have always loved images that look like they came from a botanical illustration text or an old book of Redoute paintings.  Maybe it's because as I grew up my mom and I would take our flower identification books with us on hikes through the woods.




Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Papertrey Ink}
Stamps {Anna Griffin, Hampton Art}
Ink {Ranger}
Apron lace edge punch {Fiskars}
Butcher's twine

Thank you for your visit and I hope you have a wonderful start to your week.

7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful and a wonderful sentiment too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, this is a stunning card! I love the dictionary sentiment and the combination of poppy red and kraft (Papertrey had the best Kraft)is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathryn! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a beuatifully done kraft card, the cardstock fits the look you wanted to acheive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your fab card in the challenge with speedy the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love the little definition on the bottom. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to come see your work. Hope you can play with us again next week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - I love the 'natural' look you've created. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails