Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Blueberry Anniversary Card - Shabby Naturalist

May is a month of Anniversaries, to be sure.
So while I was at it for other family members and friends, I went ahead and made
an anniversary card for DH.


Our first date was picking wild blueberries up at Graveyard Fields
on the Blue Ridge Parkway, then hiking a few miles to a nice waterfall.
It's an amazing part of the Nantahala wilderness area where a forest fire
swept through over a hundred years ago and cleared out a bunch of old-growth spruce
that had previously been blown over by a storm.
Not the entire bald meadow is covered in high mountain blueberry bushes.
You do have to watch out for bears, but it is well worth it.
And, at least for me, blueberries turned out to be fateful.


I knew that as soon as we had a garden, I would grow blueberry bushes, to remember.
And I have.  They are thriving.  I grow Misty, Patriot, Brightwell, and Powderblue varieties.
Just down the street, within walking distance, is a very nice gentleman who has covered almost his entire property with a mini-blueberry farm and some peach trees.  We go there to pick from
Mr. Rivers every summer, but for backyard berries all the time our bushes are wonderful.



And speaking of blueberry farmers,
For C.R.A.F.T. we are to be inspired by a book, so with these blueberries I'd like to
share Robert Frost's delightful poem, Blueberries
Follow the link to read and enjoy!


Here are the challenges:
 

C.R.A.F.T. #361: Inspired by a Book
(see poem link above)
 
 
(a new-to-me German challenge - how exciting!)
 
 
 Materials Used on this Card:
 
Card Base Cardstock {K & Company}
Stamping Cardstock {Rustic white - Papertrey Ink}
Ink {Ranger Archival Black}
Patterned papers {Collectable and Lost & Found 2 by jen Allyson - My Mind's Eye}
Stamps {Flourishes}
Bee rub-on {Basic Grey}
Cardstock sticker {Stick-abilities by TPS}
Wooden spool end and antique brass brads {Spare Parts by TPS}
Dies {Spellbinders Nestabilities and Flourishes by Cuttlebug}
Eyelet lace Edge Punch {Martha Stewart}
Cotton twine

 
Thank you for stopping by and
don't forget to enter my Spring giveaway before you go!
Find the link on the righthand sidebar.
 
Be well and enjoy the sunshine,
--Kathryn
 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandma's Handmade CardsMay 4, 2016 at 10:49 AM
    Kathryn, what a wonderful card and thank you so much for sharing the story of your first date, it brightened my day. I love the association that you have with blueberries and so it seems very apt to have made this card for your own anniversary. The main image is stamped and coloured beautifully and the colours that you've used are really true to life. I love that you've added lots of layers and the colours that you've used co-ordinate perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! I love your distressed look and the color choices. Thanks for joining us for the CRAFT Challenge to be inspired by a book.

    Khristina CRAFT Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that there is so much meaning behind the elements you picked. Sounds like a great first date with nice weather :-). Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card, and a brilliant use of the sketch, I love every bit of your card.

    May is a month full of birthdays for me!

    Thanks for playing along with The Sketch File this time around, we hope you'll join in again soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! Love the beautiful layers and your well thought out creation. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sketch File.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails